Friday, June 27, 2014

In Celebration

Lis Harwood has made this flag for her husband.


"I made it for my beloved, Alan, who was 70 years old this weekend (but we are whispering that large number).  His favourite colour is deep red.  He saw me working on the flag but had no idea it was for him, only when I gave it to him on Sunday did he say that he'd particularly noticed it because of the colours but hadn't thought it might be for him, he loves it.  My prayers on it are for Love, Joy, Health and Long Life."

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Red is my favorite color, too. You have given me inspiration to make a prayer flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for your husband, I love all the red fabrics and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flag, and I particularly like the sweet gift idea!
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  4. This prayer flag is beautiful! What a fabulous gift for Alan. It's hard to make or find gifts for our men.
    Thank you for sharing.
    hugs,
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete