Saturday, July 2, 2011

Prayer For A Cure: Ruth Anne Olson

Ruth Anne Olson has made a beautiful flag using her own hand dyed fabrics, which is hung with a deeply felt prayer for her grandchildren and others who have Cystic Fibrosis.  As Ruth Anne explains:

My prayer is for a cure. While I pray for a cure for all my friends and family who have or had cancer, lupus, PLS, AIDS, and other diseases, this prayer is specifically for a cure for cystic fibrosis. Two of my grandchildren were born with it. Advances in medicine, rigorous daily treatments, and lots of drugs have increased life expectancy. However, it remains a fatal disease.


The term "65 Roses" comes from the mispronunciation of cystic fibrosis by a child who suffered from the disease, and the rose has since become a representative symbol for the disease.







And so, Anna and Aidan, Holly, Tiffany, Morgan, and all the others who suffer now or who have not survived, I send up this prayer for you.




The hand-painted fabrics are my own, while the others are a commercial rose print and a rose-motif lace.for a cure. 

1 comment: