Friday, July 1, 2011

Mixed Media Prayers by Jane LaFazio: Melly and Hope

 My cyber friend, Jane Lafazio, was quick to jump on the Prayer Flag Project bandwagon, and has generously posted the information about joining the project and making the flags on her popular blog, Janeville.


Jane's work is beautiful:  I will let her explain it in her own words...




Jane writes,  "My first flag is for my dear friend, Melanie Testa.
prayer flag project #1 ~ detail      prayer flag project #1 ~ detail
Melly is battling breast cancer. She's had chemo and she's going in for surgery on June 21. My first flag flutters in the wind in my backyard, spreading wishes of love and healing to Melly".
prayer flag project #1

Jane's second flag is called "Hope".  I wonder if that one is for Melly, too, since she loves birds so much, and the poem fits so well with her spirit.





Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me
~ Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

  1. I share in the prayer for Melly, and for hope for her complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete