Friday, August 17, 2012

Unity




Liz Pearce writes
"Today I had the privilege to be a part of a special occasion. I participated in a liturgy in a residential home. An over-riding theme was unity  and I introduced prayer flags as my morning meditation and as a prayer form from another culture. I spoke to each of five flags in turn and then hung them across the main desk.
There they will bless all who pass: staff, residents and visitors alike.
All can pause and spend time meditating on the accompanying thoughts.

 
Prayer flags have become an intrinsic part of my day now.  I have been making them for over 150 days now and they are as normal for me as brushing my teeth or walking the dog."



1 comment:

  1. ah yes, the morning prayer flag meditation . . . i myself am enjoying this daily ritual and like you have made it as routine as brushing my teeth. it's the absolute BEST way to start the day~!!!~

    :-D
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete